PDA

View Full Version : Audi not accepting orders for Q5 S-line models!

Truepath
29-11-2008, 06:18 PM
I am keen to order a Q5 3.0 TDI S-Line but my dealer has told me that Audi has temporarily stopped taking orders for all Q5 S-Line models.

I contacted Audi UK customer services who confirmed this by saying there had been such a large initial demand for S-Line models that they had run out of bodykit parts and were unable to take on any more orders until further notice.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I thought there was a credit crunch on. Obviously not when it comes to Q5 S-Line models.

mkc
01-12-2008, 12:23 PM
I have not encountered this problem on this model but it does not surprise me. Any new model, especially one classed as an executive model such as this will always be difficult to get hold of. Its been launched at a difficult time for car makers and difficult for Audi to pay so much in pre-production only not to sell them would be financial suicide for them.

The only thing that will happen now is that it will push registered Q5 prices up and buying a used one from a dealer will cost more than ordering a new one, similar to the Mk2 TTs. Even those now on the list for a S Line might actually sell their allocation.

Im not a financial expert so cannot comment on this credit crunch thing but there will always be people with money ready to buy these types of car and you have to remember that Audi build these things for a global market, many countries are still doing OK and have many people that can afford a nice shiny car.
There is a huge demand for this car in China and you also have to look at the 30,000 BMW X6 order in this half to see that there is a demand for larger cars.

It might be short sighted on Audis part but they cannot afford to have these cars parked up if they couldnt shift them and it does mean that those that have them will make the Q5 even more exclusive. I think a used Q7 would be better value.

onemanparty
09-12-2008, 08:33 PM
You can now order Audi Q5 S-line for April delivery