PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable tie bars not cutting it

spiker
29-11-2008, 04:19 AM
I have upgraded front and rear ARB's 19/15 and adjustable tie bars at the back to compensate for the camber issue after adding 18" wheels ( had the work done up at Awesome ) they also did the eibachs and konis

Over the past 6 months I have been buring tyres on the outer edge ( rear only) - many trips to Protyre ( locally down here in Bristol ) and many settings configured later - same problem - cannot get camber and rear toe anywhere near right - its one or the other or both well out

So had the geometry properly inspected by an independant garage ( have used them before they seem pretty honest and on the ball) - they had the same issue with the rear geometry

So had the rear trailing arm bushes replaced just to be on the safe side - that gave me about 1mm extra each side on the rear toe ( still 3mm each out for both when camber correct)

The car is straight - no twists or damage and they cannot offer a solution other than to add ANOTHER adjustable tie bar to the rear so one to sort the camber and the other the toe

I was a little suprised at the suggestion but I will probably go with it - does anyone have any thoughts on multiple tie bars ( essentially 1 bottom and 1 top) on S3's ? - any experience , feedback ?

I will go with the Neuspeed ones as thats what I have used for the existing adjustable and ARBS