PDA

View Full Version : Made my choice

audipersempre
28-11-2008, 12:23 PM
After much deliberation and teeth grinding over the 'it's all that keeps my car on the road' vs 'Christmas is nearly upon us' I decided to purchase four Barum Bravuris 2 tyres for my A6 2.7T. Having them fitted on 6th December.

Made by Continental, found some reviews that suggest they perform OK and they were reasonably priced at £75 each fitted, valve and balancing included.

Anyone here use them?

I drive around 22k miles a year mainly motorway so will provide some feedback over the next few months.

audipersempre
08-12-2008, 10:57 AM
Stroke of luck on Saturday. I arrived at National and the tyres had not been delivered by the Internet company. All National had in stock to fit my car were the more expensive Avon ZZ3's at £95 each. National suggested calling the Internet company and making out I was very angry so that I might get the Avon's fitted at no extra cost. It worked!

So I now have better tyres at a discount of £60 and the guy at National has £20 for a Christmas drink. Everyones a winner :beerchug:

First impressions - the Avon's are significantly quieter than the Michelin Primacy's that were on the car.

euroslap
08-12-2008, 03:32 PM
The Avon's are very soft, you'd be very lucky to get a year out of them with your mileage and the torque of your motor.

audipersempre
08-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Yes I did wonder if that is why they are so much quieter too. Let's see how it goes and I will keep reporting for interest.

Got 19k + miles out of the Primacy's in just over 10 months and they were not new when I bought the car.

euroslap
08-12-2008, 10:47 PM
They do stick like glue on the plus side. ;)

On the Negative side, I've been through three front pairs in 18 months on the VR6 and I try not to wheelspin when it can be helped. :(