PDA

View Full Version : Polo electrical probs! Please help!

k8de1
18-02-2007, 09:55 PM
Hi there,
I'm new here ;) hopefully someone can help me?
A few weeks ago in the storms a tree fell ontop of my beautiful Polo!! It was a cat B. (Insurance ripped me off with payout btw)

So, I've just bought a '98 S reg Polo 1.4CL. It has a few electrical problems though.
The central locking opens the drivers door and the boot only, the passenger door will only open with the key. The alarm and remote for the central locking isn't working at all and the battery in the fob is definitely good.
The petrol cap is permanently open.
What I believe to be the Central locking power unit (in the first aid compartment) powers on when I use the key in the door but seems to keep going for an eternity!
Additionally the passenger side window will not open, there is power to the motor in the door panel because it gets very hot when pressing the switch.
I know I'm probably going to have to get an auto electrician to sort it all out but hopefully I can avoid being totally ripped off if someone can give me an idea of what the solution might be.

Thanks in advance.:1zhelp:

k8de1
01-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Sorted!.... well most of it. Bought a Haynes manual and fixed the central locking by re-attaching the hose to the petrol cap lock. The alarm needed a fuse and a bit of tweeking to the frequency.
So all thats left is the window which I think needs a motor.

Thanks to Haynes. x