PDA

View Full Version : I wish I'd ordered that option?

onemanparty
26-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Is there an option for your car what you wish you had ordered?

Mine is hill hold assist. Had this on a demo for 2 weeks and found it very useful in stop start traffic and around town.

mkc
26-11-2008, 09:03 PM
19 inch wheels
B&O stereo
Change from Saloon to Avant
Maybe remove the Piano black inlays, looks great but Im for ever cleaning them and they show swirl marks from brand new. Not happy.
Extended interior light package

simonc6875
26-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Reverse assist
19" alloys
Hung on for 170bhp !!

andyrp
26-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Getting my car on Friday and I am already wondering if I should have gone for something else instead of cruise control. Apparently this post purchase consideration is well known and is called buyers remorse.

jey16
27-11-2008, 05:21 AM
18inch Wheels
Front Sensors
Aluminum or Wood inlays

Jop
27-11-2008, 09:46 AM
heated front seats and electric drivers seat adjustment with memory. - Im not the only one who drives it you see.

For £45 i should of ordered hill hold, but dont really know when i would use it as the electromechanical handbrake is a sinch to use anyway.

awtaylor
27-11-2008, 01:47 PM
19 inch wheels
B&O stereo
Change from Saloon to Avant
Maybe remove the Piano black inlays, looks great but Im for ever cleaning them and they show swirl marks from brand new. Not happy.
Extended interior light package

Agreed (apart from the Avant to Saloon change and inlays). 3.0TDI Quattro Auto would also be nice but would then probably be in S4 territory at which point I would probably be looking at sacrificing all accessories!

AndyH123
27-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Hill assist - can this be retro fitted (and for £45 :) ) ?

awtaylor
27-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Hill assist - can this be retro fitted (and for £45 :) ) ?

You would be lucky to get change from £45 if you were to just ask Audi to change a light bulb for you!

AndyH123
27-11-2008, 03:27 PM
:)

Yeah, good point.. I remember why I stuck my head in the sand when purchasing instead of asking how much services and things cost..

B6Andy101
27-11-2008, 08:37 PM
The only thing I kick myself about not ordering is phone prep.

Given the chance to spec again I wouldn't bother with the Interior Storage Pack (something that was not availabe to view when ordering). Lockable glove box has not yet been looked (will it ever be?) and the stoage trays under the front seats are too small to be of any real use. The only plus is the nets to the rear of the seats which stops my little rascals toys from rolling around.

Really pleased with Inerior Light Pack - a real must for the cost.

ru55
27-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Can't retro fit hill hold assist - I know cos my car was delivered without this option despite it being ordered. Compensation being discussed.......

andyrp
27-11-2008, 08:47 PM
I am pleased that you say the Light Pack is good. I ordered the Light Pack and cruise control (which I now don't think I will use that much - unless I get a ticket soon for the camera that flashed me on Tuesday!).

Can't wait until tomorrow morning when the transporter turns up.

blackcurrent
27-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Wish I had taken the phone prep...gutted really tbh...nevermind always wanting something I haven't got....just be greatfull young man :Blush:

Oh and crusie control is a greatway of staying legal on all them silly 30mph dual carriageways

Moodshadow
27-11-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm glad I held off ordering right away, although looking at my proposed options don't think there is much more to add?!! :D

nm2003
28-11-2008, 09:37 AM
I'm glad I held off ordering right away, although looking at my proposed options don't think there is much more to add?!! :D

No one seems to have mentioned the "Storage Pack", otherwise you do not get a lockable glove box.

This is the one thing that I did not order, and regret.

AndyH123
28-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Cruise control is extremely addictive. I had it on my old car but only really used it on the motorway and then constantly whinged about everyone elses variable speed :)

The Audi implementation is great though, really easy to nudge speed up and down. In 30 / 40 zones it makes it seem like the car drives itself, especially as changing gear doesn't cancel like it did in my old car.

Shame about hill assist not being retro-fittable. Guess I need to do something other than move the wheel occasionally!

interbear
28-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Oh to be so fortunate as to have post-purchase remorse. You folks have your B8 A4s, enjoy them whilst they are still relatively new.

I'm still in the queue, build of my Avant S-Line was apparently this week, expected mid December. Cannae wait.

Only options I've ordered are servotronic and hill-hold assist. There are however a couple options that were not available when I ordered that I probably would have gone for - privacy glass and the "executive trim" package which is noted elsewhere on this forum.

mkc
28-11-2008, 10:20 AM
For those of you still spec'ing a car the new Audi Configurator looks great! Just did my car again but with 19inch wheels :zx11: and I get a free "Sport Suspension" and "Damper Control" added to the spec. Whats Damper Control and why is it free!? Im assuming you would get "sport" suspension in place of the 30mm S Line Suspension as the wheels are bigger. Which means I guess you no longer have to spec S Line suspension to get the 30mm drop.

andyrp
28-11-2008, 11:01 PM
[quote=AndyH123;276492]Cruise control is extremely addictive. I had it on my old car but only really used it on the motorway and then constantly whinged about everyone elses variable speed :)
quote]

Played with cruise control today and started to like it more. It is esy to use but I feel I am giving some control over to the car. Light pack is awesome; car lights up like Blackpool illuminations albeit with a touch more class.

selborn
01-12-2008, 01:02 AM
There isn't much I didn't add, but I guess the AMI and perhaps voice recognition.

AndyH123
01-12-2008, 09:53 AM
There isn't much I didn't add, but I guess the AMI and perhaps voice recognition.

Could be my voice, but the voice recognition in mine is rubbish!

mkc
01-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Pardon? :D

ashleyminors
01-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Pardon? :D

:biglaugh:

I have to say, the lady does sound rather strict! There's something rather appealing about her though :Blush2:

RichardCranium
02-12-2008, 10:54 AM
different wheels
rear parking sensors
light pack. hate not having a light in the glove box. A proper con, but stll needed IMO

mickyc39
04-12-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm happy with everything I got, but at the time you couldn't get Xenon on the SE!!

I would highly recommend the following.

Cruise Control, can't do with out once you've used it.
B&O system, absolutley superb combined with the SD card player, I've never heard a sound system in a car like it.
Bluetooth Low, great interface, but in my opinion it should now be standard on all cars especially at this level!
Heated Seats, how I managed with out these I don't know.

Some things that Audi need to start supplying.

Heated Front Screen, Ford and VW seem to manage this come on Audi
More cubby holes in the front cockpit, no coin holder or place to put my fuel receipts!!

RichardCranium
05-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Could be my voice, but the voice recognition in mine is rubbish!

she sounds like my old English teacher!

Plife
13-12-2008, 02:07 PM
Heated seats....leather is frezzing!!!

audinutter
15-12-2008, 09:47 PM
has anyone gone for the DAB radio, it's on my list I'm placing the order on Thursday and keep thinking it's a waste of time but fancy having it - does anyone have it and is it worth the money?
:beerchug:

Jop
16-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Heated Seats
Hold assist

I cant stand seeing a blank where I could of had a button.

onemanparty
16-01-2009, 11:04 PM
I missed one Telephone Prep after it was missed on the order :aargh4: