PDA

View Full Version : Question part numbers on A3... where to find them

alitech
26-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Is there a manual somewhere where you can find part numbers for all your A3 parts? I want to get my hands on the part numbers for the remote key fob for my 2001 A3. I went to the dealer today and was qouted £1245 for a new fob with labour.. what a joke. I want to buy this on ebay now and get the key cut by somewhere.

Anyone know where I can get the keys cut for the A3 without going to the dealer?

SEMKY
27-11-2008, 06:19 PM
If you have a look on a well known auction site for ETKA, its a parts catalogue and the version I got covers a lot, and has good diagrams too...I bought it for a few quid and its a god send!

Hope this helps!
J:beerchug:

beachy
29-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Well I am pretty sure you can go to any good keycutters and they will do it for you. Its a very simple job.

I bought a replacement key fob off ebay because my previous one ended up in the washing machine. I just took the key blade off my old one (just knock the small pin out near the end of the blade) and attached it to my new fob. Audi then programmed all of my fobs for £25 inc labour. Tried doing it myself using the two key method but it destroyed my central locking memory so none of my keys worked!

Hope this helps