PDA

View Full Version : A3 - SE or SPORT suspension? what's difference?

sabikeuk
26-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Hi,

I am looking to buy Audi A3 1.9TDI Sportback SE or SPORT. Could someone advice what is difference in driving between these two specifications?

Thanks,
Dan

ky_9988
26-11-2008, 12:39 PM
You could test drive both and find out. Then you'll know for sure which one feels better.

Janus99
26-11-2008, 01:01 PM
you Could Test Drive Both And Find Out. Then You'll Know For Sure Which One Feels Better.
Wow. What A Clever Answer

Janus99
26-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Hi,

I am looking to buy Audi A3 1.9TDI Sportback SE or SPORT. Could someone advice what is difference in driving between these two specifications?

Thanks,
Dan
From my limited knowledge. The sport model has the ultra firm suspension.
I have a sport quattro, and the ride is very firm.

porterclough
26-11-2008, 06:18 PM
The Sport has firmer suspension - very grippy in corners but if there are lot of speed bumps near your house you will notice it, you feel pretty much every bump in the road.

On the other hand SE has lots of faux wood, which personally I can't stand, so Sport it was.

gaz_aot@hotmail
26-11-2008, 08:25 PM
The Sport has firmer suspension - very grippy in corners but if there are lot of speed bumps near your house you will notice it, you feel pretty much every bump in the road.

On the other hand SE has lots of faux wood, which personally I can't stand, so Sport it was.

same here
the wood and the steering wheel put me off the SE

sabikeuk
26-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Thank you for all your replies.

I think I will have to try it I after I decide if I like it or not.

Dan

Matt S-Line
26-11-2008, 11:50 PM
I have a week old S-Line Sportback with the sports suspension, and around town you'll feel every stone on the road, believe me.

However, if, like me, you do lots of motorway/A-Road driving, it's excellent, grippy and flat through corners with no hint of body roll.
I have driven an SE, which is more comfortable around town, but a bit wallowy around corners and loses grip quickly if you enter a corner a bit too quickly...

Your choice though - you'll need to assess your driving and needs, then try the cars out.
I'd personally try the Sport, and if you don't like it, then go for the SE.