PDA

View Full Version : leaking diesel-Help what next!!?

wedge
18-02-2007, 02:31 PM
had my glow plugs changed,since then had a smell of diesel so took of engine cover to find that the cloth pipes between the injectors are soaking wet with fuel what are these pipes and what is causing this prob,as im going to take it back to garage.plus is there anyone good in the tayside or fife area good with V.A.G motors i can trust to do the work??

Col
18-02-2007, 07:51 PM
They are the injector leak off pipes, their purpose is to return un-injected fuel back to the tank.

The pipes do perish and having been disturbed has probably just pushed them over the edge.

RJS_90q
21-02-2007, 12:10 AM
I hope that mentioning a garage name does not break the forum rules - if so, please remove this posting.

On my 90 quattro I do as much of the work as possible myself but sometimes have used a local garage that I consider to do a good job. They are based in Cupar, Fife and are called:

EMS
Prestonhall Industrial Estate, Cupar, KY15 4RD
Tel 01334 657350

I have no link to this company.

adamss24
21-02-2007, 10:42 AM
had my glow plugs changed,since then had a smell of diesel so took of engine cover to find that the cloth pipes between the injectors are soaking wet with fuel what are these pipes and what is causing this prob,as im going to take it back to garage.plus is there anyone good in the tayside or fife area good with V.A.G motors i can trust to do the work??
Hi, go to your local Halfords store and buy a diesel/vacuum hose repair kit. It commes in 1m lenght and has 2 small jubilee clips(you dont need these anyway). Check the internal diameter of the pipe against the one you have on the car and use a stanley knife to cut to lenght. Leave the pipes couple off cm longer as it will help in the future ! Conect the injector leak off pipes one by one and finish with the stop end supplied in the kit. Start the car and check for leaks. Wipe off any diesel and refitt the plastic cover to the engine then go to the pub and have a few beers with the change left ! Cost to do by yourself-5 pounds, but any garage will charge 15-30 pounds ! Hope this helps.

wedge
21-02-2007, 09:32 PM
thanks to everybody who posted.