PDA

View Full Version : 2002 S3 Alarm

omegadirective
25-11-2008, 10:53 AM
Hi guys,

I have a major problem with my alarm going off at the moment.

I lock the car when I get home at nights. The indicators DON'T flash to say the doors are closed but the DIS says they are and the interior lights go out. I WAS having a problem where the DIS said it was still open but thats gone now.

After a minute or two of being locked and armed the alarm will go off for no reason and no matter how many times I open/close the doors/boot/bonnet nothing seems to work. It's worse between 17.30 when I get home and about 19.00 until the traffic starts to stop and slow down.

I thought it might be the motion sensor but it doesn't always seem to be this. I assumed it was the door lock on the drivers door as the DIS said but now I'm not so sure.

I had a fault code readout when I got my Xenon headlight replaced and it showed nothing about the door then. Since then the alarm problem has only got worse! :(

Any help would be much appreciated before I go to the ******* to get ripped off replacing bits that don't need doing.

Thanks,

Odie.

P.S. Going to get a new fault code reading tonight. Unfortunately that means going to Audi. :(

kenney
25-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Hi In measured value blocks for the conveniece control unit you can see what has activated the alaram

omegadirective
25-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Hi In measured value blocks for the conveniece control unit you can see what has activated the alaram

Thanks mate! I'll stay with the mechanic when they do the fault code readout so I know they are bulling me. :) Not looking forward to this trip. No doubt it'll be "book the car in, leave it with us" and then they'll use all my fuel and give me it back empty. :zx11:

euroslap
25-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Well you've obviously got to adequately road test for an alarm fault. :o

That was sarcasm by the way. ;)