PDA

View Full Version : SD Card Help

SamB...
25-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Hi All,

First post - sorry it had to be a question! Hopefully I can contribute and help people out in the future...

I've had my new phantom black 2.0 TDI S Line for a couple of weeks now and love it. Hasn't missed a beat (well except a reversing light bulb went in under a 1000 miles!)

Anyway....My Question:

I have ordered my 4 gig Transcend SD card as advised in another post but am a bit stuck as to how to get my music on there in the right order so that it displays properly as albums etc.

All of my music is on itunes and I want to move 4 gigs worth of albums on to my SD card. Can anyone help please?

Many Thanks

Sam

digigriffin
25-11-2008, 11:57 AM
I have used iTunes and a 4g SD card with no issues.

Make sure that in iTunes you have all the information for the tracks.
It would normally do this automatically from the web via gracenote.

You will then have to locate you itunes libarary.

You may have to change how complications are handled within iTunes to get them grouped as you might want.

In there will be all of you music organised in folders based on artist and then within them based on album.

You will need to mount the SD card to the computer, this would normally be via a usb adapter.

It should then appear as a disk and you just drag your folders onto the SD.

When inserted to the radio all of the Artist, Album, Track information is displayed with various display options set via the MMI.

SamB...
25-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Thanks. So it's just drag and drop. Drag the artists folders over to the SD card or the albums?

I thought there was a limit to the number of folders / sub folders you could have on a SD card.

Sam

BMWBig6
25-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Make sure that in iTunes you have all the information for the tracks.

What happens if you're missing information? Does AMI just display the filename (like older Audi's)? Or does it display nothing at all if the artist and title fields are blank?

I thought there was a limit to the number of folders / sub folders you could have on a SD card.

500 maximum files per folder
maximum folder depth of 7
119 maximum playlists
No more than 999 items per playlist