PDA

View Full Version : has anyone else noticed ??

Audi Happy
25-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Have you noticed ? when you squirt the windscreen washers the noise from the aircon changes for a few seconds ? it's as if the airflow direction changes for a few seconds then changes back to its origional position.
Why should the aircon be effected by the washer jets ?
Is it just mine or has anyone else noticed this ?
I'm puzzled :confused:

Jop
25-11-2008, 11:40 AM
ive not noticed it.. but it could just be the power for the washer jets takes away from the blowers.

in my younger days heavy bass used to dim the headlights lights.

pauldoherty
25-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Just thinking out loud - but could it be the inlet closing temporarily to stop the smell coming inside the car? I know with my last car, a passat, when you reversed this happened to prevent the fumes coming into the cockpit.

I haven't noticed it myself but I will listen out for it.

Audi Happy
25-11-2008, 01:00 PM
paul,
i wondered if it was that, i'm not used to such hi tec i've owned Alfas previously, your lucky if they start in the morning and if it stops the rain coming in your doing well never mind the smell from the washer fluid.

kelvinbishop
25-11-2008, 01:38 PM
I assumed the heating system goes briefly into defront front screen mode to make sure that the jets of cold water dont mist the windscreen up.

Gazoz01
02-12-2008, 12:17 AM
I'm assuming this trick is common across VAG, my wifes Golf does it too. My only questions are who would be sad enough to complain about the washer smell in the first place? and how boring was the meeting where VAG decided it worth doing something about?:biglaugh:

andyrp
02-12-2008, 12:38 AM
I checked this out at the weekend and it definately is linked to the screen wash. For me this is what you pay the extra money for - the attention to detail. Little things impress me with the car - the way the wipers park when not in use for example.