PDA

View Full Version : white smoke from sharan

pencastle
18-02-2007, 11:59 AM
have read comments posted and will start by changing aux heater glow plug does anyone have advice on how easy it is and whether you need special tools cheers

kimsue
02-03-2007, 04:58 PM
I dont know if you have done this and I have no idea how it is done but I have the same problem. If you have succeeded in doing it please post a step by step guide. How much does the glow plug cost ? I have disconnected my aux heater as havent got £900 plus to have it changed by main dealer. :confused:

Sam Humphries
23-04-2007, 04:20 PM
I just dissassembled my aux heater, located under the rear left hand door looking for this glow plug. Seems Volkswagen don't want you to actually get to it so they use very weird Tork screws to keep it locked away. Ended up spraying the inside through the exhaust vent with Silkolene lube oil an then putting it all back together again. When started it was a bit smokey but now it's not smoking. I am hoping the silkolene oil has burned off any muck inside but time and a low temp start will tell.

I'd thought of a breakers yard replacement cause £900 is just too much for what it is, but seems to be such a common fault that I'd probably only be buying the same trouble.

Sam