PDA

View Full Version : Question CDR 300 radio turns itself on

SimbowVW
24-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Hi All,
I have just joined and apologise in advance if I am repeating any old threads. I did carefully look through for answers on this before posting. My MK V 05 plate radio has just starting switching itself on. The local VW dealer says nothing can be done and I need to buy a new radio. Has anyone had the same and if yes was there a solution.
Thanks in advance.:1zhelp:

-M-
26-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Hi All,
I have just joined and apologise in advance if I am repeating any old threads. I did carefully look through for answers on this before posting. My MK V 05 plate radio has just starting switching itself on. The local VW dealer says nothing can be done and I need to buy a new radio. Has anyone had the same and if yes was there a solution.
Thanks in advance.:1zhelp:

IIRC there was a TPI for this fault which needed a reprogramming of the radio to cure it - ask the dealer to check your VIN and see if there is any outstanding recalls / TPI's for it.

SimbowVW
01-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks -M- for the reply. I did just that on Thursday last week and took the car to Birmingham VW. They kindly checked the software and confirmed that it was up to date. I am contacting VW UK today to see if they will help. The service manager at Birmingham did say to leave a CD in the head unit all the time and this should prevent the radio turning itself on.
I will post VW UK's response ASAP. Thanks

fabiawings
18-06-2011, 03:23 PM
I hav the same problem on a 2007 Skoda Fabia, which is the same radio as VW, has anyone had the same problem and what was the remedy, thanks

richard@thebrae
18-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Leaving a cd in has been a topic on here some time ago, but I think a gateway upgrade was the solution/cure. I will try to find something for you

fabiawings
19-06-2011, 09:50 AM
thanks for your reply, a CD in the slot doesn.t make any difference on mine

richard@thebrae
19-06-2011, 10:25 AM
thanks for your reply, a CD in the slot doesn.t make any difference on mine

See what the Dealer's say, check Ebay for upgrade/ replacement and then sell your existing one, see this post :-
http://www.my-gti.com/category/in-car-entertainment/rcd-310
and this,
http://www.my-gti.com/719/differences-between-the-volkswagen-rcd-210-rcd-310-rns-310-rcd-510-and-the-rns-510

fabiawings
19-06-2011, 10:46 AM
thanks Richard, its finally happened, battery flat this morning, I will have to take the radio fuse out for now and check with dealer, I dont hold out much hope, a friend of mine only yesterday put his diagnostic computer on the car and it came up as the radio having no faults

richard@thebrae
19-06-2011, 11:03 AM
No faults showing is to be exspected with this scenario, checked google last night for you and no solution seemed to be the concenus as some one said above try the dealers for a replacement swop at a service cost or move up the tree with something from ebay (stay with VW oem units though) the RCD 510 is a great radio, and if you can push it a bit more the RNS 510 is the "daddy".
As you have had a flat battery a rescan would be in order as it sometimes registers multiple fault from a low voltage situation.