PDA

View Full Version : A challenge for Audi Hull

ncp
24-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Hi All

I have an A3 2.0 TFSi quattro "05" reg 34000 miles aquired 05.11.2008 1yr warranty

I have a possible Fault and I am taking it to the dealer for them to have a look at tommorow am.

Engine is smooth sounding at idle speed when Cold
When Hot There is a knocking rattling sound at idle. This to me is loud and almost sounds like my old 2.0 D vovo s40 is epecialy loud when sat inside the car

spoke to a mechanic at the audi dealer in hull and he stated this does sound loud however book nthe car in and they will take a look at it.

Hmm Lets see if they are succesful in finding the fault.. I should be confident dont you think?

I have swithched to Higher octane fuel suggested by motech mike on previus post and thank him for that.

Having read numerous post around the world I have establihed yes this is a noisy engine as it uses Fsi technologey however there are some common faults that can cause the engine to sound even noisier.
Crank case ventilation valve (PCV) failure may be one of them or cam lobe wear.

If any of you have had any of these symptoms or any mechanics reading then please let me have your thoughts

I'me not a mechanic so ile leave this one to for the proffesionals:biglaugh:

Rgds

Neil

P.S I'le let you know their findings

ncp
26-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Hello All (Feedback)

I have recieved my car back from Audi Hull after a full diagnostic and here is the report

Work Requested:Attend to excessive noise

Work completed:

Carried out checks into possible noise from engine. checked cam shafts, high pressure fuel pump and cam followers. All OK. tested all fault memories, all clear. Ran via guided fault finding no faults found. Noise experienced by customer found to be acceptable noise fro this type of high pressure system.

I would like to thank Audi Hull... for their proffesional way in which they dealt with my concern. Thanks to charlotte and craig

Neil :approve: