PDA

View Full Version : Question's about 1998 a3 audi centercaps

lildoggs
23-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Hi everyone I'm a noob and I have a noob question. My mother got an a3 and all center caps were missing. I took her car to the local junkyard to find the caps and was unsuccessfull. My question is what is the exact measurement of the centercap on the original rim of her car. here is a pic of what the rim's look like. thanks in advance. http://www.cars-directory.net/pics/audi/a3/1998/audi_a3_a1179590403b1259353_2.jpg

tlionhart
24-11-2008, 01:27 PM
if you take the wheel off, you can measure them with a tape measure. There are loads of different sizes. (sometimes you don't need to take the wheel off...you can measure the front. If that cap don't fit, the size may be different the other side)

lildoggs
24-11-2008, 05:22 PM
if you take the wheel off, you can measure them with a tape measure. There are loads of different sizes. (sometimes you don't need to take the wheel off...you can measure the front. If that cap don't fit, the size may be different the other side)The problem is that my mother in law lives is sweden and I live in new york. measuring is a little hard for me or even impossible. I did measure it when I was there about 4 months ago but I didn't write the size down. Go figure. Anyway thanks for your quick response. It's very much appreciated.