PDA

View Full Version : so my 97 (P) A3 turbo got written off not so long ago.....

dansA3T
22-11-2008, 02:34 PM
So glad it wasnt my fault, some italian guy driving a hire car back to the airport decided driving into me was more important than catching his flight home, (altho he did seem in a bit of a rush to get off after we both got out of teh cars to inspect the damage)

then my insurance wouldnt help me as i was only tpft..so i got the help of an independant claims company who got me bak on the road with a brand new volvo xc70 to use whilst my case was being delt with..

so after about a month, the other insurance company decided my car was worth £3000 even tho i got it for £1890, but hey i wasnt gonna let em in on that lol. and they had to give the people handling my case £1400 for the car i was using plus their fee...

so its good bye to my 97 a3 turbo, even tho i didnt have it long i fell in love with it...and hello a 2001 a3 1.8T Quattro!!! which to my surprise i managed to pick up for £2990, only 100k and full service history, face lift model etc etc

lets hope this onle lasts longer than a month haha

rydale13
24-11-2008, 09:58 AM
sounds like you got very lucky! fancie postin up the name of his claims company? the sound pretty spesh..

cheers

Luke