PDA

View Full Version : Question help the new guy

krazytrinikidd
22-11-2008, 11:09 AM
hi i was wondering if anyone could help with my problem. i am in the middle of fitting a 2.0 16v corrado engine in my mk1 golf. however i need a good inline fuel pump to run this engine. any suggestions on what might solve this problem.
thanks
krazytrinikidd

andy1020
03-12-2008, 11:05 PM
I'd go for an electric pump mounted under the car, run off a switch hidden under the dash. Then you have total control over fuel supply and it acts as an extra immobiliser too...
any pump designed for a decent sized engine of any make of car should do the job, just make sure you get the bracket too to screw it properly under the car. I'd take one off something fairly modern in the scrappy, that ay you get the bracket too...

PS better upgrade the front springs and brakes (if you want to stop sometime before Christmas that is...!) I had a Mk1 , sold it due to kids, fantastic but you NEED better brakes.

mk1tt16v
27-01-2009, 07:55 PM
what you running it on k-jet or efi? the standard gti pump is more than up to the job although youll need a reg for efi

ANDROID184
30-04-2009, 01:36 AM
what you running it on k-jet or efi? the standard gti pump is more than up to the job although youll need a reg for efi

yep, you can even run a very mild turbo setup with the stock cis pump. My 90 cabrio with a 16v is running the stock pumps and i've never had a fueling problem with it

dubbed_up_daz
27-05-2009, 12:09 AM
8 and 16v k-jet runs massive pressure so as above you'll need something like an FSE fuel reg or similar to drop it down to digifant suitable metering head pressure,i ran a 1.3 GT multi point(still digi inj. and same fuel pressure iirc)in my mk1 before the KR and ran it with a cabrio intank pre-pump and the polo GT digifant pump with a cam,four branch,ported head and exhaust and it ran great. ON the 2.0 id probs go for the cab in tank and the main pump out the doner vehicle if available