PDA

View Full Version : A3 BIG problems

prizam
20-11-2008, 11:52 PM
Hi guys,

I'm trying to get an Audi A3 1.8 petrol (Non Turbo) going. Its a 98.

Car has been left for a month... and the battery was flat, tried jump starting it with no joy.

Got the battery properly charged and filled with distilled water. Holds charge and powers the car, but used jump leads as well for good measure... no joy.

So i took out a couple of spark plugs, we were getting a spark... but thay were dry. i was expecting at least a splash of fuel.

Took the fuel hose off the injector rail and turned on ignition... no fuel.

Got to the petrol pump and had a look at the electrics, it wasn't getting any power... so rigged up my own 12v feed and the pump jumped in to life. Checked on the fuel rail and there was pressure. (Might not be enough from my crappy 12v feed though) BUT... there was fuel.

Cranked it with crummy 12v feed rigged up... still nothing, the fuel is not being injected.

1. Is there a fuel cut off valve any ware?
2. Ware is the fuel pump relay? I have checked the fuse.
3. is there a single relay / fuse that will stop the injectors and pump?
4. The immobilizer light goes out on the dash, any other way of making sure it IS turned off?

Any other suggestions?

There is a relay missing (possible removed by some one who does not want the car to start) but also possible it was never there in the first place.

Any help / ideas gratefully received... im not sure what to do next.

audistevie
23-11-2008, 01:00 AM
Are you getting 5v-12v to your injectors or any sensor for that matter?

prizam
24-11-2008, 11:47 AM
Yes, we had a standing +5ve on all injectors, BUT... nothing on th fuse rail for them. so rigged up a temp +12ve to the injectors fuse and +12ve to the fuel pump and she started.

I have a feeling dom one had atempted to jump start the car incorectley. e.g. mixing + & - and shorting it out. No fuses have been blown, JUT THE PUMP AND INJECTORS WONT WORK UNLESS MANUALEY RIGGED UP... iS THERE A COMMON RELAY FOR THESE?

(soz for caps, stupid laptops...lol)

If it cannot be figurd out then i will make my own little circuit, riged up to the ignition barrel. the poblem with my curent setup is the pump and injectors ALWAYS stay on. lol