PDA

View Full Version : mk4 leaking sunroof

rasper05
17-02-2007, 03:47 PM
i have a golf mk 4 x reg and i found a puddle of water in the plastic trim under the hand brake. i cant see any visible damage. any ideas??????????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Eshrules
17-02-2007, 07:10 PM
i have a golf mk 4 x reg and i found a puddle of water in the plastic trim under the hand brake. i cant see any visible damage. any ideas??????????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

first of all. have you established it is the sunroof at fault? i know its obvious, but it may not be. bes way to tell, get yourself inside the car, get someone to pour some water down and see if it leaks.

if it does, try and narrow down which side of the sunroof its leaking in from and check the seal, if the seal looks worn/torn/broken, invest in a new seal and get it repaird. if the seal appears fine, try a little vaseline all around the seal, sometimes the sunroof glass will meet but not make an air tite seal. :beerchug: i doubt its anything to do with the pollen filter fault, as you said its in the plastic trim, it wouldnt get ther any other way