PDA

View Full Version : induction kit

gixxerk4600
20-11-2008, 06:31 PM
i want to fit a decent force fed induction kit but nowhere seems to do anything for my car. (2.0fsi a3 8p).
is that anything that i can get to put where original air box goes on with the three screws which then enable me to have any induction kit to slip onto it its similar to the pic but obviously for and audi??????

thanks

rydale13
22-11-2008, 09:29 AM
cants see the issue, there are lots of universal induction kits that would fit your car.

btw you cant get forced induction from a induction kit. To get forced induction you need either:

a supercharger
or a turbo!

I think you might mean closed induction, which is the best form of air induction.

Anyway have a look at the BMC CDA. they have a website and im positive they have the fitment for your car.

Here is a youtube vid that would give you an idea of sound:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2GNmbJB-Jrs

Luke

gixxerk4600
22-11-2008, 10:41 PM
there are only a few that fit properly without having to change too much, and yea a force fed induction KIT is a closed kit with cold air feed, whereas a forced induction is turbo n supercharger! i have looked at all there crappy ones but the decent one like piper n KnN don't do it, i have emailed a bloke about the bmc already just waiting to hear back from em!

rydale13
23-11-2008, 05:41 AM
cool. let me know how you get on!

if you didnt wanna change to much, do some research in silicon reducers. They are quite expensive, but allow you to fit a induction kit of varying sizes to your car.

ebay is a pretty good place to look!

revo_20vt
25-11-2008, 09:57 AM
I think you would be better off to get a pannel filter rather than an induction kit but obvisly its up to you:D

gixxerk4600
25-11-2008, 10:56 AM
i have a panel filter at the moment i just cant get a decent air flow from front of car to airbox cos it has to go thru all that silly pipe work!!!