PDA

View Full Version : Hot Tune coilovers

yazwaz
19-11-2008, 08:47 PM
Hi guys,

My 98 a3 1.6 just failed its Mot on the dampers and springs so basically needed new all round. So not being a cheapskate I shunned the pattern replacements and instead opted for the extremely cheap Hot tune lowering jobbies(i might just add not the cheap fixed set oooooh no i went for the nearly as cheap adjustable set) anyway me and my mechanic mate well mainly my mechanic mate i just smoked and brewed up (and eased the tebnsion when he got miffed off.) tried to fit the front coil overs and they didnt seem to fit. The best we could do left the top nut 1/2 on and not even reaching the nylon locking bit. So in the end we had to replace the old ones. This is a pain as I have now missed my retest and still no nearer to fitting the effers. This cheap option is getting more expensive by the day. So my question is has anyone fitted these and if so Help. On the positive side while this was going on we realised the front discs and pads were shot and I had the pleasure of replacing them pased the mot no probs but when i saw them even i (with admirable low standards) wouldnt leave them on. So please help to fit these coilovers. Chears Martin:aargh4: