PDA

View Full Version : Replacment Brakes

mavericklensman
19-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Need to replace the disks & pads on my 2.5tdi Quattro, was looking at the EBC discs with the Green stuff pads, don't want the complete Brembo overhaul but though a bit more stopping power might be nice, or am I just as well sticking with the VAG units?:confused:

willster
19-11-2008, 10:02 PM
im looking at doing the same,front discs and pads. was looking at EBC ultimax with normal pads,about £210 for the two fronts. Have you priced OEM vag units yet?

mavericklensman
20-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Not priced them yet hopefully cheaper than that:Blush: I'm getting 2 new xenons fitted Sat morning I'll have the OEM priced and post it here.

Marco34
20-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Well, I got EBC discs and pads last year for my car. I wasn't happy with the standard pads, they were still in good order too. I've been very happy with the EBC greenstuff. There is less dust and the cold stopping power is much greater. Other users have said they are awful etc, no good when pushed. I've given mine plenty from time to time and found that when hot they are just as good.

Wear has been good too. Most of the time I drive casual and minimise heavy brake use, but sometimes I have fun... I can't say how they would be on the track, but then again greenstuff isn't designed for hammering every corner, but my experience has been very good.

Only drawback was the bedding in... they liked to squeel at low speed and sometimes now, after pootling in slow traffic they can make a small squeek. Some heavy use soon shifts that.

Paid £115-120 ish for pads front and rear and just new front discs.