PDA

View Full Version : im new. help anyone?

scoopy
19-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Hey I been looking at the forum and just bought a 2.0 vento. I have literally bought a vento yesterday.
I have no idea about VW as I am a Vauxhall boi. But I thought id give a VW a try.
I was just wondering a few things. My whole interior is blue including my dash, door cards etc. I was wondering if I can get a black interior and ‘buckets’ but like nice recaros from a mk2 golf gti maybe. What are my options for a splitter? Im sure u can get one from a seat cordoba or sumthing but there not a nice fit iv heared.
Ok I have rear elec windows but next to that you have the switch for your rear demister but after that there are 3 blank slots… 2 small ones and a rather long one.i have taken everything off and where the 2 small ones are there are 2 looms for a switch to go.so I was wondering what they were. Fog lights? Heated seats? I was wondering if anyone could shine sum light on what these are.

fil1973
10-01-2009, 10:03 PM
the two electrical connectors "hidden" behind the 2 dash blanks

are 1 white one (2 pin) & 1 black one (2 pin) are only for "diagnostic equipment" ie. vag-com scanner or code reader

the other switch blanks are for heated front seat switches (top models only)
& will have nothing behind them,

hope this helps you,

CrazyClemo
27-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Hi the front deep front splitter off a mk3 golf will fit as they have the same front bumper. If you want a more sporty interior you can use the interior for a VR6 golf or vento and golf gti. Hope this helps

fil1973
26-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Hi the front deep front splitter off a mk3 golf will fit as they have the same front bumper. If you want a more sporty interior you can use the interior for a VR6 golf or vento and golf gti. Hope this helps

the vento has a different front bumper to the golf,

(they do look the same) but the vento one sticks out 1-2" further forward,
so if you were to fit the golf front splitter it is 2" too short at the sides

the interiors are "swapable" between the golf & vento too, but the vento rear (has a rear arm rest) & the rears lock into position with a key (for security)
and the golf has no locks & no arm rest,

but the choice is yours,