PDA

View Full Version : philips light bulbs (xenon effect)

tlionhart
18-11-2008, 07:47 PM
I don't have xenon lights, but was looking for an alternative. Brought a set of the blue tint lights that philips do. Outstanding quality. However, Ive heard that philips have released a new bulb. Does anyone know what it is and where i can find them?

cheers

charlescampion
18-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Philips X-treme perhaps...

Have recently bought some & they work well... see other post on lights if you have a B5

Try www.powerbulbs.com very helpful.

Audi A4 Lover
19-11-2008, 01:04 AM
Just looking at those phillips bulbs,they look really good!But im wondering what they'd do to fuel economy with regards to the extra output? I struggle to get 30mpg out of my audi, they last thing I want is something stealing those miles from me!

charlescampion
19-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Did post a reply to this so where has it gone?

Will re write it tonight if have time....

Esentially a lamp / bulb rated 55W will draw the same power the additional light output being obtained from efficiency so should not effect fuel efficiency.

MalcQV
19-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Just looking at those phillips bulbs,they look really good!But im wondering what they'd do to fuel economy with regards to the extra output? I struggle to get 30mpg out of my audi, they last thing I want is something stealing those miles from me!

You think your fuel economy may be affected by different headlight bulbs?

Audi A4 Lover
19-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Well every electrical device has a slight effect on your fuel economy, Iv noticed that turning the heated mirrors off im,along with a few other bits and bobs,Im getting more miles. Just thought that with the new bulbs being uber bright theyd draw a huge current and reduce the efficiency. However, I was wrong so Ill order some tomorrow:beerchug:

MalcQV
20-11-2008, 09:21 AM
^^ Wow. A friend of a friend used to turn his lights of when in a queue to save money :confused:

Audi A4 Lover
20-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Me thinks thats going ever so slighlty over the top! Im not THAT bad, however I'll try not to use the heater at all costs:1zhelp:

MalcQV
20-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Me thinks thats going ever so slighlty over the top! Im not THAT bad, however I'll try not to use the heater at all costs:1zhelp:
I tend to only use AUTO on the climate in the summer. Probably should just leave it on all the time though.

paul b
20-11-2008, 04:12 PM
In the past I've bought Xenon filament bulbs (not HID) from http://www.aceparts.com/ for the Audi (I bought two sets of fogs, dipped and main beam) and I've just bought a set for my son's Skoda. They are really good, they don't give off any more light than the stock bulbs (the headlights in A6s are total cack anyway) but they get rid of the minging yellow light and produce a white light instead, giving the Xenon effect.

They run off 55W, so don't draw any extra power and won't ruin Chris' fuel economy. :p

The guy, Alan, at Aceparts is available on e-bay if you would rather purchase through there.

Paul

EDIT: I also drive around with AUTO on all the time.