PDA

View Full Version : Question Windscreen Washer Pipe

John S
18-11-2008, 02:59 PM
This is strange, checked oil / water at weekend all ok, washed windows on way home last night, tried again today nothing, could hear motor but no water. Tried in car park nothing, looked under car, puddle of water. openend bonnet to discover the pipe had snapped off where it joins the bonnet.

Not very good for an 06 plate!

Will be having words with VW, wonder if thats under warranty!!!:confused:

Anyone else suffered similar daft faults?

Had my car in to VW stockport yesterday, fault fixed under warranty...wonders never cease! Had to wait a while as they fitted me in between booked services etc... but then valeted my car for keeping me waiting. Well done VW customer service lives!!

For info they replaced the pipe with a flexible tube looks more sensible for a part that flexes each time you open / close bonnet (Design flaw?)

picture of defective pipe attached.

Flash2
07-12-2008, 12:10 AM
Yeah, a design flaw. It's quite a common fault. VW don't seem to be very good with washer hoses. The hoses on older polos and the MK4 golfs were always coming apart and leaking water into the electrics and now this problem with jettas and MK5 golfs. The hose is far too rigid in this area where it is flexing every time you open the bonnet.

Regards - Jim.

beesleydog
29-04-2009, 03:25 PM
I had a similar problem. Filled the washers up and on the way to wrok tried to clean the screen but nothing came out.:zx11::zx11::zx11:

When I parked up I tired again and notice that water was spraying from the side of the bonnet. Opened the bonnet and found that the hose was snapped. Thought that I had maybe snagged the hose . Did not really want to take car to VW as I thought that they may have charged so found a small thin tube that fitted inside the original tube push this inside both bits and retapped and he presto now problems since...........:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Having now read the post I agree that it is a poor design as the plastic does become very britle.