PDA

View Full Version : 19 tdi s line cluth problems

steveparr
17-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Hi All

Slight prop with 2005 19TDI S Line

I have a problem with the clutch when coming back down the gears I get a strange noise as the clutch bites, it also happens if I am in traffic and slip the clutch at low revs. It happens more when the car is warm.

Any ideas, advise much appreciated:1zhelp:

Alan02
17-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Hard to say without hearing it! but possibly 2 mass flywheel?Any vibrations on taking up drive/at idle?

steveparr
18-11-2008, 09:36 AM
No vibration on taking up drive or going through the gears or back down gears again, just the noise when car is warm, I will investigate the fly wheel you suggested, any idea how much to have replaced. thanks

Alan02
18-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Do you have any signs of an oil leak from the bottom of the bell housing indicating a rear crank oil seal leaking? rare,but it can,if heavy get onto the clutch.The 2 mass flywheels are expensive and its best to change everything else as well(plate,cover and bearing).The only real way to check is box out and check movement on flywheel,but i would check all other possibilities before this.Are all the engine,gearbox mounts secure?also check exhaust routing and security,all move when engine is pulling/changing gear.

steveparr
19-11-2008, 02:28 PM
No sign of oil from housing, so hopefully it isn't oil leaking on to clutch plate. Thanks for the advise on checking all engine mountains bushes etc I will have look at these over the next week or so, before I go down the route of getting a company to pull out the clutch assembly and renewing it (probably quite expensive).
One other thing that I have noticed is that going from 1st to 2nd is not as smooth / easy as it should be and if you dip the throttle in 2nd the gear lever moves up and down quite a lot, this doesn't happen in any of the other gears. Just wondered if this could be linked.
Thanks