PDA

View Full Version : Heater matrix - no hot air!!!

RickT
16-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Guys,

I have got no hot air...... i have been away for a week, got into the car and all appeared fine.... as i have been out in -30'c conditions, i wacked the aircon on "LO" as i was red hot!! anyway... when changing it back to 18 upto 28 its cold... the air con turns off but only a tindy bit of heat... checked the simple stuff.. ie coolent...

Going to get my laptop out and check VAGH-COM... however i think tjhe heater matrix has gone...

Do any one know how to fit one on a A4 - B6??

Cheers

RicKT

RickT
16-02-2007, 02:45 PM
or does anyone know how to test it via VAG-COM??

Cheers

RickT
16-02-2007, 05:15 PM
can you advise how to do this?????

i have now charged my laptop and heading outside shortly!

RicKT

adamss24
16-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Rick, log on the climate control and do an output test with the engine running and then with the engine switched off. Check for any blocked flaps...and clear any codes logged in the memory. If anything fails, make a note off the controller soft codding and then in adaptation channel 0(zero), do a save- This will reset the controller to the factory default values... Let us know how it goes...

Col
16-02-2007, 06:56 PM
As well as the output tests if you go into the measuring blocks you can observe the flap angles.

I think they are measured in the range of 0 to 255, I don't know if this is degrees though.

Anyway, when you press each control on the clima, you should see the flap angle changing on the screen.

Also, the system (coolant) may need bleeding, I assume you know about this i.e. you need to partially slide the left hand coolant hose off the spigot of the matrix until you expose the bleed hole, then carefully top up coolant / let the air out from there... (this is on the Passat, should be the same on the A4)

RickT
16-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Cheers for this guys.... however... in regards to the climate control.... how do i view this in Vag-COM... i have looked and cant see the option??

also... where to find the info regarding the flaps?

cheers

RickT

Col
16-02-2007, 11:33 PM
If you log into 08 Auto HVAC then selct the measuring blocks, scroll through the channel numbers using the up and down arrows until you find the flap angles.

Depending upon what version you are running vagcom will either state what the measuring block is or not !

What you are looking for are the measuring blocks that have a range between 0 and 255. To find the block that relates to the temp flap it will be a process of elimination.

RickT
17-02-2007, 12:02 AM
Thanks for that... i will have a look in the morning..

RicKT

RickT
17-02-2007, 10:40 AM
cheers for that... im going to head out in a min to do this....

However i noticed after a further look the collent seems to have dropped....

Does the coolent run through the matrix on these??

The car has been stood for a week in snow etc... however i topped the coolent up and heat seems to be coming back through........

Im going to out and have a proper look now in the light!

Cheers.. any other thoughts keep them coming!!

RicKT

RickT
17-02-2007, 03:11 PM
looks like it is the themostat at fault..

Just got to audi before they closed and got one...

Will fit shortly and let you know the outcome!

RicKT

RickT
17-02-2007, 07:28 PM
themostat replaced......

was in a real hard place to get to...

Alternater had to be removed plus other hoses etc...

all nows well

Cheers..

RicKT

Gogsy
22-02-2007, 08:59 PM
If it's like the VW Climatronic if you press fan 'down', heat down (blue) and econ together you'll get a display of the settings. Scroll using hot/cold buttons.
Mine has just had a fan motor control ECU failure which has cost a fortune to put right. Symptoms just like yours, feeble heat on Hi, no heat anywhere else.
First indicater (1) showed cabin temp at 97degreesC.