PDA

View Full Version : turbo Whistle

markclemo
16-02-2007, 03:43 AM
Hi , Still have the problem with my turbo, i think. when the turbo comes in i get an whistle noise, or like an air noise, this seems to come in fast and settle down, i have changed the DV valve fpr a forge one and no change also sometimes when the turbo is in i get the odd jurk,, can anyone give any clues as to why??
Thanks

Eshrules
16-02-2007, 12:51 PM
ive just read your origional post, im sorry but im not following??

when your turbo kicks in, youll hear a whistle, this is the turbo 'sucking' air into the engine. the turbos doing its job. its basically a big **** fan to suck more air in for the diesel to burn quicker (i know its laymans terms :p )

if your hearing a whistle when your turbo kicks in, thats right isnt it??

markclemo
17-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Hi again, yes i hear the norm turbo whistle, but this is a new noise that is loud, the noise sounds like it runs fast past the revs of the turbo then catches up with it... Strange ?

Eshrules
17-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Hi again, yes i hear the norm turbo whistle, but this is a new noise that is loud, the noise sounds like it runs fast past the revs of the turbo then catches up with it... Strange ?

:confused: hmm leme do some research and post back, iv subscribed to the thread so ill let you know

Eshrules
17-02-2007, 07:39 PM
in the meantime, this may be of some use to you....

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4357

markclemo
17-02-2007, 08:51 PM
interesting vid, thanks, going to check all hoses and see if there are any leaks but don't hold up much hope

Eshrules
23-02-2007, 04:41 PM
interesting vid, thanks, going to check all hoses and see if there are any leaks but don't hold up much hope

how did you get on?