PDA

View Full Version : Eibach Pro Street-S coilovers fitted

KQuattro
16-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Changed my S-Line suspension for a set of Eibach Pro Street-S coilovers. What a difference, its improved my handling and ride no end. Even with the lower ride hight it doesnt knock around and the damping is fantastic. Im planning for a set of 19s next spring and the adjustability these coilovers provide will allow for fine tuning of the ride height.

The sline suspension was decent but too much roll for my driving style & too high, the Eibachs have sorted that out together with RS4 rear anti roll bar handling is sharper and more predictable.

A few pics of new ride height on my standard 18s...lots of adjustability left to go lower but I use the car everyday and this height suits me best.

Not the cheapest coilover kit on the market £590 but its quality:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/khany/P1010462.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/khany/P1010463.jpg

Terry S
17-11-2008, 09:29 AM
I don't think £590 is too bad for a set of coilovers, have paid £2k in the past. I am glad you like them so much!

In the RS4 ARB, was it significantly thicker than the S-Line?

KQuattro
17-11-2008, 11:59 AM
I don't think £590 is too bad for a set of coilovers, have paid £2k in the past. I am glad you like them so much!

In the RS4 ARB, was it significantly thicker than the S-Line?

Agree, the H&R and Bilstine kits were close to a grand and are supposed to be better still. Eibach are a decent brand and known for quality suspension so I gues £590 is a reasonable price to pay.

Yeah my brother has an Impreze with TEIN coilovers and they were fairly costly, seems stuff for the Jap cars always tends to be more costly then the german stuff....wonder why ?

The S-Line bar is 18mm
The RS4 bar is 22mm

Does that mean the RS4 bar is 22% stiffer ? not sure ?

Guide for fitnment here
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225821&highlight=RS4+Sway

Terry S
17-11-2008, 12:28 PM
Does that mean the RS4 bar is 22% stiffer ? not sure ?

Not really, if they are hollow bars the wall thickness can affect the stiffness, there are many different variables.

jaceyq
26-11-2008, 08:27 PM
hi , i got the same ride which is a sline tdi b7 model. I am in 2 minds to get either lowering springs or coilovers. I know coilovers are better but i wanted to opted for the cheaper option 4 springs ,which can lower my ride . But is the coilover rides the same as the suspension on the sline or is it hard and stiffer. What do you think.

Karl
26-11-2008, 09:41 PM
where was your coil overs from? and how hard were they to fit? as im considering some for mine to help even out the stance of the car (the back always looks a smidge low)

KQuattro
27-11-2008, 04:55 PM
hi , i got the same ride which is a sline tdi b7 model. I am in 2 minds to get either lowering springs or coilovers. I know coilovers are better but i wanted to opted for the cheaper option 4 springs ,which can lower my ride . But is the coilover rides the same as the suspension on the sline or is it hard and stiffer. What do you think.

The Eibach coilovers are stiffer then stock S-Line suspension, less body roll, but I found them to ride better then the standard s-line stuff...

You could try a set of Eibach progressive lowering springs with ure standard S-line shocks as a cheaper option, they are supposed to be fairly good.

jaceyq
27-11-2008, 11:16 PM
ok, i have just been shopping around for coilover kit. i have find one that doing the height and ride confort which is call weitech coilovers. Any one ever heard of them . I was told they are just like kw coilover kits but is the sister company to them. If anyone has this let me know . By chance is your eibach coilover adjust only the height or ride comfort as well let me know.

KQuattro
28-11-2008, 09:43 PM
ok, i have just been shopping around for coilover kit. i have find one that doing the height and ride confort which is call weitech coilovers. Any one ever heard of them . I was told they are just like kw coilover kits but is the sister company to them. If anyone has this let me know . By chance is your eibach coilover adjust only the height or ride comfort as well let me know.

Hi my Eibach kit is only height adjustable not dampning. Ive had this kit on another car before so knew what the fixed dampning on Eibach coilovers is and was happy with it.

Weitech coilovers are supposed to be a good german kit and reasonably priced I think it would be a good choice.

jaceyq
29-11-2008, 12:50 PM
ok, cool. that gives me some more encourage to go get them. By chance what area u live. i would have love to take a ride in your ride and see how it rides and look closely. With you on coilover do u touch alittle bit or not. and what size are u on 18s there. for now i going put coilovers on my 18`s standard but future go for 19`s.

KQuattro
01-12-2008, 12:01 PM
ok, cool. that gives me some more encourage to go get them. By chance what area u live. i would have love to take a ride in your ride and see how it rides and look closely. With you on coilover do u touch alittle bit or not. and what size are u on 18s there. for now i going put coilovers on my 18`s standard but future go for 19`s.

Jace, yes Im on standard 18 X 8 S-line wheels and there is no touching at all. I havent lowered to the max, just enough to reduce the huge gaps between the tyres and the arch. On the front there is about a finger width gab.

Welcome to come round to have a look....let me know when as I'm out of town a lot...

jaceyq
01-12-2008, 08:05 PM
Ok cool , thats what i wanna do as well keep it gangstar but still have it safe. where abouts are you. I live in west london ,close to heathrow airport. Where are you... . do you have anymore pics of your ride with the whole length to see how they look. Let me know.thanx for all the info man

jaceyq
03-12-2008, 10:40 PM
yea. could you let me know where you bought your eibach coilover from. i may get that after all. weitec taking like 3 weeks to get it too me. I wanna put my coilovers b4 xmas. Could you give me the link to go it . thankx