PDA

View Full Version : Vag Com

bagpipingandy
15-11-2008, 10:43 PM
nothing important but finally purchased full VAG COM VCDS Software and Genuine cable, cost a prety penny but i am hoping it will be worth it.

I started using it today by removing Airbag fault codes i have had since i removed the seat and managed to trigger the airbag fault!!, also on my Passat changed the one key press open all doors, nice!!

no comunication with the convenience module on my A4 so i assume it is faulty, saving up to buy a new one.

looking forward to many more fault finding episodes, and picking your brains!!

Also:
on the B6 A4 is it possible to program the head lights to come on when unlocking?

any info appreciated

regadrs

Andy

bez101
16-11-2008, 07:56 PM
nothing important but finally purchased full VAG COM VCDS Software and Genuine cable, cost a prety penny but i am hoping it will be worth it.

I started using it today by removing Airbag fault codes i have had since i removed the seat and managed to trigger the airbag fault!!, also on my Passat changed the one key press open all doors, nice!!

no comunication with the convenience module on my A4 so i assume it is faulty, saving up to buy a new one.

looking forward to many more fault finding episodes, and picking your brains!!

Also:
on the B6 A4 is it possible to program the head lights to come on when unlocking?

any info appreciated

regadrs

Andy

no un;ess u retro comeing home lights

fender
16-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Where abouts did u purchase it and how much did it cost. I desperate to get a hold of software for my passat.http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

bagpipingandy
16-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Hi Fender,

I purchased it from www.ilexa.co.uk They are a genuine ross tech distrobuter, i did a lot of hunting and double checking prices and what is a good deal, they are all pretty much the same i paid £270 for the hex USB Cable which basically allows me to talk to old and new cars, in the pack is a CD but you can dowload the latest VCDS software fron the ross-tech website, it is the cable wich is the dongle (basically activates the software) this distrobuter also offer telephone support which i thought may come in usefull, they do have cheaper cables offered for either old or new cars, i though i would get the £270 one then i can use it on any age of car to help friends out as well,
I spent ages trying to decide whether it was worth it and there are so many cheap offers on e-bay but took the plunge and got the real thing, has been pretty good so far only time will tell,

Happy Hunting,

regards

fender
17-11-2008, 03:26 PM
thanx bagpipingandy. will give them a try.http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

kite
17-11-2008, 05:39 PM
I found these people the chearest when looking for VCDS

http://www.sab-distribution.co.uk/

adamss24
17-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Gendan does it for 259.99 posted. You could try emailing first, they might give an discount.

kite
17-11-2008, 05:58 PM
If you want to save money Sab list a price on their web page £225