PDA

View Full Version : New boy from Devon

syke
15-11-2008, 12:19 AM
Hi - I may be a new boy but I've had Mk2 golfs since '93 when I got my hands on a B reg 1.6td. Since then, I've got hooked on Mk2 GTis and now have two - a B reg black 3dr 8v and a very sweet, grey J reg 5 dr 16v. Both are great cars in very different ways but uncannily, both have about 106k on the clock...

The 8v is a real drivers car - a classic unrefined free revving k-jet (it feels faster than the 16v because it just sounds so damn raw!) - I also love it that it has no power steering - you really can feel the road - and a few bits of motorsport & BBS give it that boy racer charm.

The 16v is my concession to a family car - new baby boy meant that I had an excuse to buy a real pearler - my wife was happy that I got a 5 door!Maybe its a bit too refined but then all you have to do is floor it and its :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: all the way!

Anyways, my love affair with the 3dr has got to come to an end - credit crunch and family stuff means that I can't keep two GTis on the road at the same time - need to get a few things done on it - mainly electrics (devils work) and then its on the market. So any advice and contacts in spitting distance of Exeter will be seriously appreciated.

Cheers

Syke