PDA

View Full Version : audi A3 TDi 2001 Dash Problem

kendrick30
14-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Audi A3 TDI 2001, Dash Pod Problem. Hope some one can help, over the space of a few months things have been going wrong with the clocks, first the fuel guage only works when it wants to, sometimes the rev counter or speedo do not work and it lights up intermitantly. just recently the milege read 99999 and the orange imobilisor light came on and the car stopped and would not start up, i removed the battery lead for a minute and it now starts but the light is still flashing. Hope someone can help.

Joe richardson
14-11-2008, 09:53 PM
sounds like the dash has given up,This is a known problem with older V.A.G cars,I would advise you to get a new dash,but you car will be out of warranty so it wont be cheap from a dealer,as the new one will need to be coded to the engine control unit.

what i would do is book your car in at your local Audi dealer,and get them to have a look at it for you,they will do i final control on there diagnostic computer which sends all the dials all the way back on the guages,then they return to there normal postion but the fuel guage will probably do what it wants,if this is the case then a new unit is needed.

let us know how you get on:D

cheers
Joe

kite
15-11-2008, 06:59 AM
If it needs a new dashpod BBA reman can refurb your pod.