PDA

View Full Version : Please Help tdi engine swaps

randyp023
13-11-2008, 07:30 PM
hey. ive just acquired a 1.9tdi A3 110hp on an R reg. now by acquired i mean given to me as the engine has gone pop and the owner doesn't want to fix it??? the simple thing to do is take the old 110 engine out and put another back in. a days work for most. but what i would like to know is how hard would it be to swap to a 130? are there any differences in loom, gear box, etc etc etc also did they do a 150 tdi and what are the chanced of finding a lump etc. any futher advice would be ace.

adamss24
13-11-2008, 07:41 PM
The 150 Bhp wont fit easy/at all as its been fitted on golf mk4 wich is a transverse engine. To swap an 130 Bhp passat/audi lump, you will need full engine loom, driveshafts, gearbox, ecu, clocks and keys and a few more bits and bobs. Lots of work and minimal gain ! Easyer to buy a factory made one with no hassle ! I am thinking of doing a vw passat 4motion 2.5 tdi and while being capable to do it myself, i am asking myself why ? I can get a v6 tdi audi a6 quattro with no headaches and factory made with 180Bhp on tap !

randyp023
23-12-2008, 07:38 PM
well ive now got a 110hp tdi fitted and got custom code to come an remap it. apparently its a 2 pin ecu and they cant remap on site so took it away to chip it and sent it back. i have just fitted it to my car and honest to god its no faster at all. ive driven 130 tdi golfs and 150 and custom code quote figures of 140-145hp and 235 nm of torque. anyone had any exp with CC/JBS autodesign? are they a bunch of w*nkers or is this just a one off thing? im going to call them tomorrow but just wanted to know other what you all think.