PDA

View Full Version : 1999 S3 Alarm / speaker question

chris_s3
12-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Hello everyone,

I have recently bought a 1999 s3. The alarm seems to be going off at random intervals. I read on here and other forums it could be a faulty sensor or somthing failing? Everything else seems fine on the car apart from this one problem? Will they be able to find the problem with diagnostics?

My other question is can you add 6x9's powered by a separate amp, and a sub also powered by a separate amp to work with the amplified bose system? Would the amps interfear with the standard?

Regards,

Chris.

ydelong
12-11-2008, 10:31 PM
hey doubt that they will pick it up as you may have experienced that it happens most of the time in bad weather, but you sensor would be the problem had same problem and you don’t get the switch loose need to buy lock.

As for the speakers running of an amp yes it is ive done that but need to run a converter

chris_s3
12-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Thanks for replying. Are the locks expensive? Can you tell me alittle more about the convertor for the amp?

I had an a3 with the fully amplified bose system, the lads trying to install the same speakers and amps had all sorts of problems. If i remember they thought they could use the blaupunkpt plug n play 555....needless to say it wouldnt work! To be honest the whole job was a shambles...:1zhelp:

ydelong
12-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Pleasure, yep here in SA it is, and strange enough the passenger one more expensive then driver side. Almost double the price.

As for the converter you should run it from the speaker feed from the deck. it converts the normal out to RCA connection. Cant get to the name of it but i think you can identify it as a RCA converter
:beerchug:

chris_s3
14-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks again for your help.