PDA

View Full Version : Dash Flickering Alarm issues

kmanku
12-11-2008, 12:41 AM
Hello, I am having some many isues with Audi A3 2000 1.8 Car Alarm. After leaving the car and switching the alarm on, the alarm seems to go off after 30 seconds. Check the car and everything is OK so alarm it again and after 30 seconds it goes off again. This is becoming very very annoying and tiresome as we are unable to leave the car without the alarm setting off.

Another issue is the dash board lights keep flashing whilst I am driving and sometimes the clock and mileage resets itself.

Please could you advise on how to tackle these problems. Thankyou.
:aargh4:

A3_FSI_2.0
12-11-2008, 07:21 PM
does your model have the DIS with the door open warning? I had problems with the alarm going off due to the tailgate latch. I didnt have the DIS so i didnt know that the boot light was staying on. It would also set the alarm off on hot days. Could take the parcel shelf out and see if your is staying on.

The 2nd problem sounds like a bad connection to the instrument cluster. Is fairly easy to remove. Pull the steering wheel out and down to give you space, there is a bit of trim above the column that needs to be removed and this will reveal the 2 screws holding the cluster in. After you remove it, check the connections at the back and see if any dont look right. Hopefully its not where the connector meets the PCB board.