PDA

View Full Version : New Monza Silver S-Line Pics

blackcurrent
11-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Well I have had my new A4 S-Line for just over a week now and thought it was time to post a couple of pictures. Really loving the car, love the slightly heavy steering and the the way it sticks to the road so well. The MMI is just amazing and the car just owns the road with many a headturning wherever she goes.

Really feel privaliged to own such a great car...

mkc
12-11-2008, 09:32 AM
I do like this colour. I think the lighter colours show the lines of the car really well. The slightly flared wheel arches and the lines along the bottom of the doors..... through the wheel and out on to the back bumper. Your third photo shows this well.

I love mine also but I do think that it is very front heavy even with my small 1.8 up front. I dont push it to hard (Ive grown up a bit) but that would be my only issue with the car.

satsu
13-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Nice. Of course I think it looks even better on the avant, but I may be slightly biased. :)

Just one little thing. Don't you find it a little bit too low with a 30 inch drop? :D

BMWBig6
13-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Satsu, do you have any photos of your Monza Avant to back up your claim? I'd love to see some. :)

satsu
13-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Posted these back when it was nice and new:

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=44406

Now it's just nicely run in and eats 2.0Ts for breakfast. :D

blackcurrent
13-11-2008, 11:18 PM
I bet it eats 1.8 (160) for breakfast as well :D I like the avant shape it's a very sexy car you have and a very nice colour if I must say so myself.

I couldnt bring myself to choose an estate car though, maybe in another 30 years when I'm getting old :aargh4:

satsu
14-11-2008, 08:38 AM
I'm obviously a 63 year-old stuck in a 33 year-old's body. :(

Actually, Mrs Satsu and me both prefer the look of the estate over the saloon, and we like the practicality - extra headroom in the back as well as space in the boot. To us there's no downside.

In fairness to 2.0Ts everywhere, I should say that it was a fairly steep, wet road and it was really the quattro that won the race. The 170hp fwd volvo I had before this was hard enough to get off the mark quickly in the dry - it must take much more skill than I have to get 200+hp down smoothly in the wet. :)

mkc
14-11-2008, 09:15 AM
It probably would eat me for breakfast.......but I bet you run out of fuel before me so Ill make my get away then:D

satsu
14-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Actually, I think we'd both run out at about the same time (I'm getting ~38 mpg true / 42 on the mmi). You'd only get away after we both filled up and I had to phone my bank to increase the limit on my credit card because of how much more a tank of diesel costs. :)