PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Vibration through clutch pedal.

the surfer
11-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Is it normal for there to be vibration through the clutch pedal? I can't feel it when the clutch is fully pressed but if I raise my foot slightly there is a very apparent vibration/jarring.

When my car was at the dealer last, I asked for them to look at it and I was told it's completely normal.

Someone mentioned this could indicate that the dual mass flywheel is damaged.

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks.

GJB
13-11-2008, 11:45 AM
I have a golf gti and have the same problem - I was also told that it is normal.

However they replaced the flywheel under warranty but it hasn't fixed it.

It really is annoying esp when driving longer distances.

Do you find it worse when on an incline when holding the car on the bite ?

the surfer
13-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the reply.

My dad drove the car recently and the first thing he said was "That doesn't feel right. I think your dual mass flywheel is misaligned", or words to that effect - I can't quite remember the details. He does know what he's talking about as he's been in the trade for +35 years. He doesn't have too much experience with the latest German cars though as he's a vehicle quality analyst with Honda.

I asked the VW technician who tested it and he said it's normal for DMFs to vibrate through the clutch pedal; something to do with the springs....? I don't know how credible this information is.

It's most noticeable when pulling away; I can't really notice it when changing gear at any speed over about 10mph.

The thing I'm worried about is the cost of getting it fixed if there is something wrong. If it is normal then I can live with it, I guess.

jackbanny173
20-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Mine does the exact same i think its normal becuase it has done it for the last 6 months. It does seem to be worse when im on the bite point on a hill. Feels like the clutch is going to break i dont like it.

vwmally
26-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Does it judder if you accelerate hard in a 4th or higher at low speeds ???

Ben
26-11-2008, 08:53 PM
i had this,

they updated the ecu.

sorted.

vwmally
26-11-2008, 09:07 PM
How much did they charge for the update mate ??

jackbanny173
28-11-2008, 04:37 PM
i had this,

they updated the ecu.

sorted.

I have this problem how much did this cost you? Tried it last night was doing 30mph in 5th and it vibrated like mad!!

tomjj
28-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Mine does this. I thought it was just what a diesel does having never driven one before?

ttsgoon
13-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Mine does it too. Its fairly normal, your foot on the clutch pedal should not visually move with the vibration. If it does, theres an issue and a dealer should look at it.