PDA

View Full Version : help with heating controls

law4778
11-11-2008, 09:50 AM
can someone help me with the following, when i got my new car i could alter the drivers side haeting temp and it would do the same to the passenger side, then the 1st time my other half got in she changed her side now you have to change both independently, does any one know how i get it back to being just me that controls both as im in the car on my own most of the time i just want to turn my nob and both are the same, hope i have explained myself right, cheers.

kite
11-11-2008, 10:07 AM
I have an A4 (B6) I can "lock" the temp. controls together by pushing and holding
the righthand side of the "auto" button.
To "unlock" press the temp. control on the pax side.
It "might work in your B8 !

digigriffin
11-11-2008, 10:18 AM
To sync the heat settings for both driver and passenger side press and hold in when selecting the drivers side temperature.

They will remain in sync until the passenger one is changed.

mkc
11-11-2008, 10:39 AM
Same as above, push and hold the drivers side "knob" and then "SYNC" will come up on the MMI. There is also the option to do this via the AC settings on the MMI where you can also set re-circulation etc. Cant remember the exact screen, in the "AC" settings though somewhere.

As soon as the passenger changes the setting they become out of Sync. The Mrs gets shouted at now for touching anything and must sit with hands on knees until we reach our destination.

digigriffin
11-11-2008, 02:56 PM
must sit with hands on knees

Well where else would they be? :rolleyes:

bluestar_ale
12-11-2008, 04:14 PM
That's excellent .................. I have a bit of an OCD thing going on with the heating controls .............they both have to be the same temp................ I can't stand it when a passenger alters their temp setting; it disrupts the whole balance of the car.

After driving a 320BMW for the last 3 years, I was getting a bit fed up having to alter both driver and passenger temp controls to get my required temperature setting and keep my OCD thing in check, I was disappointed when it appeared that I would have to endure the same problems with the Audi.................

Now I have found this fix I shall sleep better in my bed tonight...................................Unless someone now tells me there was a similar “hidden feature” on the BMW

Audi Happy
12-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Bluestar, you are so right, It drives me nuts when a passenger alters the settings so they dont match. I didnt realise until this thread that you could re sync them so easily, i've been going through the aircon menu every time.

I feel better knowing i'm not the only one, don't need to go to aircon anonymous sessions anymore.

mkc
12-11-2008, 04:43 PM
I never saw this feature on any BMWs Ive had and actually found it annoying after driving the Mrs Audi for a few days and then jumping back into a BMW. I too need them set the same and the rear control also has to be exactly half way between hot and cold and the fans pointing up..............

Whilst we are on the subject of heating I really miss the "rest" button I had in my BMW. Drive around with the heating on, arrive at your destination for a quick shop etc, press the "rest" button and the car would remain warm using the engine heat whilst you did your shopping. Not that it gets very cold at the moment but I really miss that feature. I guess Audi do have it but its part of some fancy option list and costs £££££££

(Where have the REP figures gone under the posts we have)

kodkod.84
12-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Rep system is undergoing an overhaul- but will be reinstated when the IT Crowd have sorted it out.