PDA

View Full Version : Question 2000 Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI Engine torque settings

paul b
08-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Hi guys/girls

I've got a 2000 Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI 110bhp (AHF). I'm looking for the torque settings for the cylinder head bolts and the con rods.

Many thanks :beerchug:
Paul

greg123
09-11-2008, 09:21 PM
What happened to need them? :confused:

For the cylinder head stages 1) 40nm, 2) 60nm, 3) + 90 degrees, 4) +90 degrees

For the big end bearing cap bolts, 30nm stage 1, +90 degrees stage 2.

Taken from Haynes but no liability, I have had a glass of wine.....

Greg

Hi guys/girls

I've got a 2000 Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI 110bhp (AHF). I'm looking for the torque settings for the cylinder head bolts and the con rods.

Many thanks :beerchug:
Paul

paul b
10-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Cheers for that Greg. :beerchug:

If you've seen my other threads, before I bought the Octavia its been in a few mickey-mouse garages who somehow managed to miss a severe oil leak from the turbo (despite them taking it out!), if they've missed that then I've no faith in them putting everything else back together properly.

Hence why I wanted the correct torque settings, so I can get everything together and perfectly tight. :)

Paul

greg123
10-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Sorry to hear of your troubles. If the head is together, remember the bolts are stretch bolts so you'll need a new set. It is acceptable to remove the old one, put the new lightly oiled one in after drying out any oil in the hole with a long rag coated stick, then torque that one new bolt through the stages. Repeat process with 2nd bolt etc till all are new.

Of course if head off, then you put all bolts in after spotless cleaning the holes, lightly oiling (or moly grease is my preference) the threads and taking all of them through each stage before moving on to the next torque stage in a snail pattern starting from the centre bolts working outwards.

Also, some people don't realise a torque figure is only vaild while the bolt is moving. So for the nuts on the big ends, if the torque wrench clicks, the nut could be torqued much higher and no good. You have to slacken, hear the click while the nut is still moving and then go through the stages.

You probably know all this though.... :D

Cheers for that Greg. :beerchug:

If you've seen my other threads, before I bought the Octavia its been in a few mickey-mouse garages who somehow managed to miss a severe oil leak from the turbo (despite them taking it out!), if they've missed that then I've no faith in them putting everything else back together properly.

Hence why I wanted the correct torque settings, so I can get everything together and perfectly tight. :)

Paul