PDA

View Full Version : 2000 bora diesel, low mpg

colly
13-02-2007, 09:24 PM
just bought a bora 115ps 6 speed, which has a tuning box chip on, i am driving the car really steady, foot just feathing the throttle, and i am only managing 33.5 mpg on average, and the car dosnt seem any faster than me 306 d turbo i had before, could this be down to the chip? or a maf sensor?

seraph
13-02-2007, 10:28 PM
sounds like a problem...

std 115 is much brisker than a 306td, esp. if you've a tuning box on it?!

dodgy maf may have flagged up an error - get a ecu readout asap.

Eshrules
14-02-2007, 12:07 AM
just bought a bora 115ps 6 speed, which has a tuning box chip on, i am driving the car really steady, foot just feathing the throttle, and i am only managing 33.5 mpg on average, and the car dosnt seem any faster than me 306 d turbo i had before, could this be down to the chip? or a maf sensor?

this way please.....

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4839

is the 'box' you speak of, a proper chip and remap, or a box which plugs inline with your maf sensor?

if its the latter, take the damned thing off, ill ride a penny on it being tht to blame :beerchug:

colly
14-02-2007, 06:51 PM
well the dealer who sold it before chipped it, and he said the chip was plugged into the engine tempreture sensor at the front of the block?? also is the maf the same as airflow metre and located on the pipe from the top lefthand side of the airbox? thanks