PDA

View Full Version : rear door help !!

sheffguy08
08-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Morning everyone !

My octy seems to have sprung a problem on me today that im not sure how to sort.

The rear passenger door doesnt seem to want to unlock, all other doors an the boot are fine just this one.

Ive tried allsorts, problem is i cant remove the door panel to look inside as i cant get it open !!

Also ive just noticed that the arming light for the alarm and imobiliser on the drivers door isnt coming on and i guess this is down to the computer not recognizing the back door being locked?

Has anyone got any clues how i can sort this ???

Hope to hear some good pointers soon, cheers !

kenney
08-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Hi Sorry to tell you but the problem i think is the door lock,you will have to remove the door trim and the assembly carrier (plate)to access the lock.There is one other possibility,open the front door and on the frame of the rear door you will see a rubber grummet,there is a connector in there sometimes the contacts corrode,worth having a look before pulling the door apart.

sheffguy08
08-11-2008, 12:18 PM
thought it might be something like that :-(
the problem is i cant open the door to remove the door trim, how can i remove the trim with me not being able to open the door??

i will look at the grommet thing though and see if i can see anything.

kenney
08-11-2008, 01:14 PM
The trim can be removed without opening the door,a bit awkward,but its been done many times.

sheffguy08
09-11-2008, 06:09 PM
cool, glad to hear that, can anyone tell me how to do it then please lol lol

greg123
09-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Glue a piece of string to the top of the lock button. When dry, pull up. Bingo, door open.

kenney
09-11-2008, 07:31 PM
You need a detailed diagram of the door,send your e-mail address and i will send you the details how to open the door.

sheffguy08
10-11-2008, 10:36 AM
already done somethign similar, grabbed the button with pliers, pulled up but nothing stays shut :-(

sheffguy08
10-11-2008, 10:38 AM
kenney thanks for this ill send it accross now