PDA

View Full Version : Please Help polo 03 heaters not working

jopop@talktalk.
07-11-2008, 10:19 PM
hi there ive got a 2003 polo 1.4 s and my heater blower only workes on 3 anyone got any ideas on wat it coulb be before i strip all my dash apart as either frezze or rost lol :confused:

a8 tech
07-11-2008, 10:36 PM
the ballast resistor has failed so the direct voltage goes to the motor and it runs at full speed.The resistor can be replaced by removing the glove box to access the resistor mounted on heater box.

SilverPolo
25-01-2009, 09:04 AM
I have same problem and have been unable to remove the glove box.
Are there hidden screws or clips holding the box in place?:confused:
Any help appreciated.

SilverPolo
30-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Have now removed glovebox, however cannot see the resistor pack what next?:confused:

PoloTDI
30-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Have now removed glovebox, however cannot see the resistor pack what next?:confused:

Just done this on my 02 Polo this afternoon, pretty much same problem, heater works fine on 2,3,4 nothing on 1.

Once you've removed the glovebox, you should be able to see the blower motor straight in front of you. (you may need to just lift a bit of sound proofing out of the way.) Once you can see the heater blower have a look top right, you should see a connector that plugged into the resistor network on top of the blower ducting, squeeze the ends of the connector to unclip it, then rotate resistor network half a turn anti clockwise. It's then it comes loose. Bit fiddly because there's not much space but it will come out. Take note which way it was fitted and pop in the other one and push plug back in.

The new one will show 1 Ω, 1.5Ω and 2Ω, between respective pins, chances are knackered one will be open circuit between one or more.

SilverPolo
31-01-2009, 12:15 PM
PoloTDI Thanks. Got Part Number 6Q0959263A from VW, 33.58GBP including VAT. Job done.:beerchug: