PDA

View Full Version : Question Door handle

jps71
07-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Hi guys

I have just purchased a R reg (Dec97) Passat 1.8 turbo estate which has a few faults.

I notice the central locking/door locks in general seems to be a problem area and have read on how to strip the door down etc.

The fault on mine is that the central locking works fine via the switch on the drivers door but not with the key, this isn't a major problem at the moment as I am locking all of the other doors with the switch and the drivers door with the key.

My question is the drivers door handle sticks out by about 1/2 an inch on the left hand side so at times to get the door to open I have to push the handle in and then pull it out to get the door to open.

Is there any way I can adjust the handle externally to fix this problem and to put the handle back in its original place with out having to pull the door trim etc off.

Hope some one can help.

Cheers Jim

jps71
11-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Any one got any suggestions ??? :)

swalker
12-11-2008, 12:48 AM
Hi Jim
I have much the same prob the passenger door will not lock with the button and the drivers sticks out and is getting hard to open and lock and unlock with the key. Where did you read up on how to adjust?
Cheers
Stewart

jps71
12-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Hi Jim
I have much the same prob the passenger door will not lock with the button and the drivers sticks out and is getting hard to open and lock and unlock with the key. Where did you read up on how to adjust?
Cheers
Stewart

Hi Stewart I haven't found anywhere yet that tells me how to adjust.
Some one gave me this link

http://www.taligentx.com/passat/maintenance/doorlockmechanism/

sections 15-18 mention the cable to the handle & how to remove the lock so I did this you can slightly alter the tension on the cable but this has no effect on adjusting the handle.

Please let me know if you have any luck in finding anything out.

Cheers Jim