PDA

View Full Version : Are the bumpers/grills different between hatchback & sportback ?

jb111s
07-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Hi, about to do the double to single grill conversion. Have got new bonnet, grill & bumper & all look ok (just about to get sprayed).

I have now noticed that several resellers sell different 3 door & 5 door bumpers, bonnets & grills. Is this a mistake ? I would assume the front end of the cars are identical ?

Does anyone know ?

tlionhart
07-11-2008, 03:53 PM
I always thought it was based on chasis. I know the rear is different but never noticed a different with the sportback and 3-door front.

Do you still have the double grill, bumper and bonnet?

jb111s
07-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Cheers, yep just had it confirmed by a mechanic mate. Really annoying as so many places say they only sell "5 door" grills & bumpers :(.

Took the new bonnet & bumper in to get sprayed today to do the conversion next week hopefully.

Yep, I've still got the original 2 grill bonnet & bumper in ebony black metallic if interested. Also have the abt single frame conversion as well that I'll be flogging.

Two_Stripes
15-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Which parts are required to do the swap? Bonnet, bumper, grill, bumper carrier? Are the headlights OK?