PDA

View Full Version : Grille upgrade

wstrain87
07-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Hi

Does anyone know anywhere that stocks the upgrade/conversion kit to replace the grille on an 03-06 A3 Hatchback with the new look (06onwards) grille? I've heard this talked about by a few people but haven't come across anywhere that actually does it.

tlionhart
07-11-2008, 03:48 PM
You need a new bumper, new bonnet, grill and fog light grills. All parts can be brought from audi. But if your looking for a discount ebay.

The parts also need to be painted. In terms of conversion its a simple swap. (like a car mod)

I was gonna do it, but considered just to keep the car genuine.

You prob looking at no more than £800 to do it.

wstrain87
07-11-2008, 04:04 PM
I thought there was a simpler way - i.e. a new grille, which may not be exactly the same as the facelifted grille, but which would look the same (at least at a distance). I've definitely heard people talking about it and the prices they were talking were an awful lot less. I/They may be wrong however. Don't think I could justify spending 800 on it, especially when at the end of the day its no better than putting an s-line badge on your boot, etc.

Thanks for your help anyway.

tlionhart
07-11-2008, 06:02 PM
you could possibly get it done cheaper. Like shop around for paint jobs. As for the parts, get them second hand from ebay or other sites on the web that sell them. I went to a GTI international show in the summer and a guy had the bumper for £95! Whereas audi charge a lot more for it.

I know what you mean, perhaps a grill that may look like it. I put a GTI polo grill on my old polo...that worked! :D

But with the audi, i havn't seen one.

Its more the paint job that sends the price up...so you may be able to do it for £500. But i was quoted almost 800 for it...then again an approved audi/VW repair centre was gonna fit and paint it.