PDA

View Full Version : Any one ordered

mkc
06-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Hi, has anyone ordered a Q5 yet? Im really tempted to see if I can get one early next year when we get rid of our A3. Just wondered as this section is empty!

topuphere666
20-11-2008, 05:24 AM
i was following a car transporter the other day, and it was full of Q5;s they look very very strange i must admit, they look like an esate but fractionally taller

amack71
29-12-2008, 05:28 PM
I'm trying to sell a 2005 A4 Avant and if i could get the right discount would be tempted to buy a Q5. I took a short test drive in the 2.0 TDi and was rather impressed. Inside the cabin is fantastic, mind you it was fitted with all the toys! The sat nav looks really good if overpriced, but if you compare what it does with other manufacturers sat navs then i think it is worth the money.

However I think i prefer the A4 driving position, but never having driven an suv before i found the Q5 a little high for my liking.

Anyway, is anybody getting any discounts yet? I was talking to my dealer, who knows that i am not quite ready to buy until i sell my current A4, and all he would say is he would 'do me a good deal'. Whatever that is!

kodkod.84
31-12-2008, 04:04 PM
With the Q5 released- are Audi still planning the A4 Allroad?

onemanparty
01-01-2009, 02:29 PM
With the Q5 released- are Audi still planning the A4 Allroad?

Yes I believe they are!! Well one of the Sales Executives at Birmingham Audi said he saw it in Spain on a Training course along with A5 Cab

kodkod.84
01-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Looks like Audi are going down the Mercedes Benz-a car for every niche route then :D, with the A7/A1 in the pipeline too.

amack71
02-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Finally sold the B7 Avant, a bit sad as I it was the car i brought both my daughters home in from the hospital after they were born. So to cheer myself up I paid a deposit on a Q5 sline 2.0 manual!

I haven't really specced it up too much and even with the dealer discount it's still quite expensive for what it is.

My dealer said to phone and confirm tomorrow, if i don't have second thoughts!!

kodkod.84
02-02-2009, 05:04 PM
I'd be upset too if I had to sell my B7 Avant- gorgeous estate cars. I was sad when my first one went bye byes, as it was my first Audi and also there weren't many on the roads when I first got it.

Anyway I'm sure you'll love the Q5 and I can imagine it to be more child proof than the A4- and the little ones will have a quality motor to ride in :D

amack71
03-02-2009, 04:11 PM
Well i had second thoughts, and added privacy glass to my order!! I went with 2.0l 170bhp S Line Manual (really wanted the S tronic but just couldn't go another £1420)

Monza Silver
3 Zone Climate control
Phone Prep Low
AMI
Hill Hold
Rear Bench Plus
Privacy Glass
Collapsible Tyre (i hadn't thought of this until the sales guy showed me the standard foam kit option - no thanks!)
Lighting Pack
Storage Pack
Heated Seats

onemanparty
03-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Are you not ordering HHD MMI? It is good I had a demo over the weekend :D

amack71
03-02-2009, 10:44 PM
The Q5 I test drove had the 3G MMI and it was impressive - even though it doesn't do full UK postcodes! - but if I add to the spec it might be S Tronic.

The one thing that does bug me is that going for phone prep low puts a big phone holder in the armrest and you have to fork out another £100 for a cradle for your particular phone. Unfortunately Audi don't do a cradle for my sony ericsson so it means you can't take full advantage of the roof aerial (from my understanding).

onemanparty
04-02-2009, 04:50 PM
The Q5 I test drove had the 3G MMI and it was impressive - even though it doesn't do full UK postcodes! - but if I add to the spec it might be S Tronic.

The one thing that does bug me is that going for phone prep low puts a big phone holder in the armrest and you have to fork out another £100 for a cradle for your particular phone. Unfortunately Audi don't do a cradle for my sony ericsson so it means you can't take full advantage of the roof aerial (from my understanding).

Should still be able to Bluetooth your telephone. Just not charge it!!!

tlionhart
06-02-2009, 01:29 AM
didn't you order one of these?

amack71
06-02-2009, 11:38 AM

yeah I did, but as the order is still on the system I've been trying to play with the spec to see if I could afford the Technology pack. Unfortunately, I can't, and i don't think i could live without the privacy glass and 3 zone climate, so I'll have to pass on the 3G MMI.

I always do this, order a car and then spend the next week annoying the salesman changing and adding to the spec:o!

onemanparty
06-02-2009, 02:19 PM

Hi tlionhart

Was this a question for me? If so I did think about it but I could see my wife driving it more than me (School run) So I had to have the S3 Sportback and god do I love it. Apart from it's under 5" of snow at the moment :(

tlionhart
09-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi tlionhart

Was this a question for me? If so I did think about it but I could see my wife driving it more than me (School run) So I had ot have the S3 Sportback and god do I love it. Apart from it's under 5" of snow at the moment :(

lol, i should have said. Yes it was. I was gonna say, if you did anyone would think your driveway is a dealership!
(i saw your new S3 pics...nice :) )

I always do this, order a car and then spend the next week annoying the salesman changing and adding to the spec

Same...i must have changed mine 4 times. (usb thingy, the interior seat design-stitching, load net, and something else i cant remember...)

I saw the Q5 on the M25 this morning...doesn't look as big as the Q7...looks more like a larger coupe. I prefer the look of this to the Q7. Wise choice! :D

octagonmike
02-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Hi

I'm new here.

I have "ordered" my car. Well when I say ordered I mean my dealer found me a built car waiting at the docks that was part of his dealer network stock but it has everything I wanted apart from the heated front seats:

Q5 2.0 TFSI S-Tronic, Technology Pack (HHD MMI, Electric Tailgate, front and rear parking sensors), Bang & Olufsen and Ipod, 3 zone climate, Phantom Black Pearlescent with black leather interior. I think there is a couple of other extras but can't remember.

£ 2,500 (ish) discount and it is on its way here now. Hopefully should have it end of next week !

lioz
27-04-2009, 03:16 AM
I'm trying to sell a 2005 A4 Avant and if i could get the right discount would be tempted to buy a Q5. I took a short test drive in the 2.0 TDi and was rather impressed. Inside the cabin is fantastic, mind you it was fitted with all the toys! The sat nav looks really good if overpriced, but if you compare what it does with other manufacturers sat navs then i think it is worth the money.

However I think i prefer the A4 driving position, but never having driven an suv before i found the Q5 a little high for my liking.

Anyway, is anybody getting any discounts yet? I was talking to my dealer, who knows that i am not quite ready to buy until i sell my current A4, and all he would say is he would 'do me a good deal'. Whatever that is!

I'm very keen to know more about the discounts too, as I don't wanna start asking for a ridiculous rate.