PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Fuse/Gearbox issue

mxb350
06-11-2008, 12:38 AM
:1zhelp::1zhelp:Anyone who can help - I messed up!!:1zhelp::1zhelp:

I will happily declare myself a fool and never touch the fuses or any electrical thing on the car again!!

I drive a 2004 (54), 2.0 TDi, DSG, A3, 3door.

Basically one of my number plate lights went. I changed it but it still registered as if it was not working. I believe I know why this is now and is not the issue I am worried about, this merely explains why I did what I did initially.

Anyway, I thought it might have been a fuse so had a look at which one it could be but couldnt find it in the manual. So like a fool I removed them all (the ones on the side of the dash) and checked to see if they were all ok.

I put them all back where they are supposed to go....triple checked! but the car won't start now. It does everything but start and now the Park 'P' light on the gear selector flashes red on and off.

I have read in another forum that removing fuses can mess stuff up that uses gearbox information etc. (if only I had read it before?):aargh4:

What I need to know is how I get this car to work again?

Please help!!!

I can't do without my car for work for one more day.

mxb350
06-11-2008, 12:15 PM
I have spoken to someone at work who reckons it is to do with the CAN Bus and will need to be pluged into VAGCom.

Does this make sense to anyone? What can I do as I can't move the car an inch let alone to my nearest independent.