PDA

View Full Version : "Maragoni" tyres.

meathead
05-11-2008, 08:39 PM
I recently had to replace my tyres 225/40 18" jobs, on a Sunday! The fitters could only get a Maragoni. Obviously I had no choice! If I did have a choice, should I have gone for this one?

Any feedback welcome.

JohnWithAGolf
07-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Where did you get them fitted? It seems a bit strange why the garage would only have them in stock in that size.
Marangoni are a mid-range, Italian brand. The tyres are commonly found on alloy wheel packages as a step up to the cheap tyres normally fitted.
Basically, they're half-decent, shouldn't let you down and give OK mileage for the money

meathead
08-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Thanks. It was a place in Grantham, but I can't recall where!

euroslap
09-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Where did you get them fitted? It seems a bit strange why the garage would only have them in stock in that size.
Marangoni are a mid-range, Italian brand. The tyres are commonly found on alloy wheel packages as a step up to the cheap tyres normally fitted.
Basically, they're half-decent, shouldn't let you down and give OK mileage for the money

I wouldn't go as far as saying they're mid-range, pretty budget IMO. Not the best either, my mates got four on his motor which has been off the road for a couple of months (I know standing isn't ideal for tyre life) and all four have perished badly with the tread nearly lifting off (the cracking really is that bad) all the way around all four tyres. :(