PDA

View Full Version : A3 2.0Tdi DSG Stalling? Any ideas??

pierso
05-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Hi all,
My 2004 2.0 Tdi DSG S Line has developed an occassional stall. At idle, after a minute or so, the revs start to faulter and it stalls.

Have had the engine diagnostics read and there are no error codes and am struggling to find any local garage who knows where to start. Any ideas?? Really appreciate any help as it is becoming so annoying.

Thanks!:confused:

mxb350
06-11-2008, 12:42 PM
I had a similar problem took it to my VAG independent and he found no error code and said it drove fine for him but did explain what might be the cause.

Mine would tend to stall after a couple minutes after being parked up all day while I was at work and if the climate control was on full, almost like it was labouring the engine too much. It was very rare, happened about 3 times.

I have forgot what the part was but he explained that it was basically some sort of air inlet thing and basically over time it can get gunked up with road dirt and dust, which can make the car stall as it doesnt necessarily get the air it needs in. He also said that at 40k miles they are supposed to service the DSG but most garages (including audi) don't bother because they dont tend to cause problems.

So suggested that when I next get mine serviced make sure that whoever does it does the DSG service ( PS my car is 73k miles so not a big deal about getting it done when I need to service).

He suggested that when I get the car serviced they could pull this inlet thing out and try and clean it up (he said they could replace it but it is expensive for such a minor/rare problem).

Hope that helps?

iain1000
06-11-2008, 05:27 PM
just a quick question as this is happening with mine also!!! but will this effect the emissions as well?? cause i have changed my cat and lamder sensor and it still keeps failing my mot on emissions!!!!!!

pleae help!!!