PDA

View Full Version : Tyre choice

audipersempre
05-11-2008, 03:50 PM
So, end of this month I need four new tyres for the A6 2.7T. I previously mentioned I would probably go for another set of Michelin Primacies as that is what was on the car when I bought it.

However, I had a fit when I phoned up to check the price. £200 per tyre! I had a little look on the Internet and can get them supplied, fitted and balanced for £150 but that's still quite a lot of money.

I do follow the view that my car only has four small rubber contact points keeping me from a disaster but £600 is a bit pricey for me right now. I wouldn't buy budget tyres but may look at the lower end of the premium range.

Around the £100 per tyre mark a web site is offering Avon ZV5 and Yokohama S306.

For £75 per tyre they also have Barum Bravuris 2 which are made by Continental. I bought a couple of these for my partners Ford Fiesta but that doesn't really give me much of a clue on how they might perform on an A6!

Anyone has experience of these tyres?

Many thanks

webchem
05-11-2008, 07:59 PM
No idea about the Barum Bravuris 2's, but I can recommend Falken FK452's that come in at about £5 more expensive...

mavericklensman
05-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Just bought 4 Fulda Carat Exelero, £80 a corner 235/45 18 & reviews are pretty good to!

JohnWithAGolf
07-11-2008, 07:57 PM
I can vouch for both the Falken (Dunlop Japan made) and and the Fulda (Goodyear German made). Both make decent alternatives to the premium 6 brands without dropping into the budget category. Going back to the Michelins, have you tried Costco for them? You won't find legitimately sourced Mich's cheaper anywhere else, you have to be a member of Costco though.